News & Events
Please note: most meetings are held online using Zoom (see Calendar for exceptions). Club members receive Zoom links by email. Non-members wanting to attend a meeting are welcome to join us. Send an email to the PCC membership committee requesting a meeting Zoom link: send to email@example.com
For videos of presentations and recorded meetings, visit the PCC Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/pccmaine
Jan 1–31: Shoot Images for the January-themed Image Capture
During the month of January, club members are encouraged to capture three images:
- An image that reflects COLD.
- An image that is COLORFUL.
- An image that represents some sort of COLLECTION (multiple objects of a similar type, e.g., trees, coins, bricks).
- Images must be taken between the dates of Jan 1 and Jan 31.
- Name your three images for COLD, COLORFUL and COLLECTION in this format: yourname-COLD.jpg, yourname-COLORFUL.jpg, and yourname-COLLECTION.jpg. Note: images should be in the standard size of 1920px maximum width, 1080px maximum height.
- Submit your three images as email attachments, send to PCC.Photowalk@gmail.com by the deadline, Wednesday Feb 1st.
- Images will be viewed and discussed at the February 6th Zoom meeting.
Monday February 6, 7pm: Discussion of Images from January-themed Image Captures
(Zoom) We will view and discuss images taken for the January-themed Image Capture. (The deadline for submitting images is Feb 1st.)
Monday February 13, 7pm: Projected Image Competition
- Deadline: Thursday, Feb 2nd
- One image per member. JPEG format only. Images should not exceed maximum width 1920px and maximum height 1080px.
- Name your image file in the format your name-[class A or B]-title.jpg, for example, Ansel-Adams-A-Winter-Storm-Yosemite.jpg
- Send your image file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (every entry receives a confirmation within 72 hrs).
Monday February 20, 7pm: Discussion Night
(Zoom) Discussion Night: member images are discussed in an open, supportive way. Images are not judged or scored. All members are encouraged to submit one image.
- Deadline for submissions is Fri Feb 17.
- Images must be in JPEG/JPG format and sized to a maximum width of 1920px, and max height 1080px.
- Name your image file yourname-class A or B-imagetitle.jpg – for example, Ansel-Adams-A-Yosemite-Valley.jpg.
- Email your image file to email@example.com. You will receive a confirmation email within 72 hours.
Monday February 27, 7pm: Member Slide Shows (at Woodfords Club)
(In person meeting) Always a popular, entertaining night of short slideshows by PCC members. Family, friends, anyone is welcome to join us to watch the shows. Submissions by members only. Slideshow Guidelines:
- Family appropriate content, please.
- Create (export) your slideshow as an .MP4 file (1080P at 30fps).
- Shows should be not longer than 4 minutes.
- Royalty Free or your own original music
- First "slide" should include the slideshow title and your name.
- After all of the image slides, add a slide that provides music attribution (song title, artist).
- The final slide should be a black slide – this will help with transitions from one slideshow to the next.
- Use WeTransfer (a free program) to send in your .MP4 file. When WeTransfer prompts you for a destination email, enter firstname.lastname@example.org – Mike Leonard is collecting the slideshows for presentation at the meeting.
- Submission dates: submit your slideshow (i.e., use WeTransfer to send your .MP4 file) between Feb 10 and Feb 22. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, Feb 22.
Complete Club Calendar