Greater Portland/Archangel Exhibit
In celebration of the 30-year anniversary of their Sister City relationship, Greater Portland, Maine, and Archangel, Russia, will exchange images for an exhibition of 60 photographs (30 from Maine and 30 from Archangel). The exhibit, Bridges of Friendship, will be on display in Maine and in Archangel. In Maine, the exhibit will be on display at the Stonewall Gallery in Yarmouth with an opening on Friday, November 9, 2018.
May 2018 News Update (PDF format)
Portland Camera Club members are invited to enter images for consideration (up to 5 images per member). Update: the deadline for image consideration has passed (May 21).
- Image Submission Guidelines:
- Images must have been taken on or after May 1, 2017.
- Images must have been taken in Maine. Otherwise, there are no restrictions on subject, style, horizontal or vertical, aspect ratio, format, editing, color, black & white, infrared, Lithographic processes, etc.
- A jury of judges (Linda Cullivan, Richard Sawyer, Jan Pieter Van Voorst Van Beest & Susan Downing) will review the images.
- The 30 images selected by the judges will be announced on June 19. Makers will be notified by email. If your image is selected, send a high resolution image file by June 22, 2018. Use the We Transfer service (it's free): wetransfer.com. Send your images to Dan Glover. In the email to: field, enter Dan Glover's email address email@example.com
- Print images should be in JPG format, 300 dpi minimum. The maximum print size is 12 x 16 inches. Images will be printed in the ProPhoto RGB colorspace.
"The Women Photographers of Photo Club SPOLOKHI"
Dennis Marrotte has provided this historical document, an essay written by the late Tamara Ishenina who was the first Vice President of Photo Club SPOLOKHI. She wrote the essay in 1990, one year before the Soviet Union collapsed. The photo below, taken in September 1990, shows Tamara Ishenina on the far left. Our own Dennis Marrotte is in the middle, holding a jacket.
Click here to read "The Women Photographers of Photo Club SPOLOKHI" (PDF).
Click here for the initial write-up describing the project.
This project is under the direction of the Spolokhi Exhibit/Exchange Committee:
Dennis Marrotte, Archangel Committee & Portland Camera Club
Dan Glover, Archangel Committee