Greater Portland/Archangel Exhibit
In celebration of the 30-year anniversary of their Sister City relationship, Greater Portland, Maine, and Archangel, Russia, will exchange images for an exhibition of 60 photographs (30 from Maine and 30 from Archangel).
The exhibit, Bridges of Friendship, will be on display in Maine and in Archangel. In Maine, the exhibit will be on display at the Stonewall Gallery in Yarmouth in November and December, 2018.
How To Enter Images
Portland Camera Club members are invited to enter images for consideration (up to 5 images per member). First, indicate your interest in submitting images by sending your name, email, and phone number (land or cell) to Dennis Marrotte (email: email@example.com ) or Dan Glover (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, April 16, 2018.
After indicating your interest in submitting, you can enter your images until the deadline for image submission, Monday, May 21, 2018.
- Image Submission Guidelines:
- Images must have been taken on or after May 1, 2017.
- Images must have been taken in Maine. Otherwise, there are no restrictions on subject, style, horizontal or vertical, aspect ratio, format, editing, color, black & white, infrared, Lithographic processes, etc.
- Submit your images (up to 5 per person) at 1400px max width, 1050 max height (i.e., the same dimensions used for Projected Image competitions). Format: JPG/JPEG. Colorspace should be sRGB. Name your file: your name + image title, for example, ansel-adams-katahdin-moonrise.jpg
- Important: if your image is selected, you will be required to submit a high-resolution file to be printed.
- To submit your image(s), use the We Transfer service (it's free): wetransfer.com. Send your images to Dan Glover. In the email to: field, enter Dan Glover's email address email@example.com
- Deadline for image submissions is Monday, May 21.
- A jury of judges (Linda Cullivan, Richard Sawyer, Jan Pieter Van Voorst Van Beest & Susan Downing) will review the images. The selected 30 images will be announced in June.
- Makers of the images that are selected need to send a high resolution image file by June 30, 2018.
- The maximum print size is 12 x 16 inches. Images will be printed in the ProPhoto RGB colorspace.
Click here for the initial write-up describing the project.
This project is under the direction of the Spolokhi Exhibit/Exchange Committee:
Dennis Marrotte, Archangel Committee & Portland Camera Club
Dan Glover, Archangel Committee