The Scavenger Hunt is open to all members of the Portland Camera Club.
How To Participate
- Images must be taken at Ft. Williams Park from May 14 to August 31, 2022.
- A comprehensive map of Ft. Williams Park is available here as a PDF.
- There are 4 areas in the park, described on the map as "loops." You can choose to work in any or all areas, however you may only submit one image per area. If you shoot in one area, submit one image. If you shoot in three areas, submit three images.
- Submit your images between August 31 and September 5 (Labor Day). Images must be within 1920px width & 1080px height. Send your image files by email to email@example.com (every entry receives a confirmation).
Important! You must include your name in the image filename, for example Ansel-Adams.jpg. If submitting more than one image (up to 4), add a number to the end of your name: Ansel-Adams-1.jpg, Ansel-Adams-2.jpg, and so on.
- All images will be displayed in an online gallery (click here) for everyone to view between September 7 and 11, and everyone is invited to vote for one image as your favorite. Voting will take place between Sept 7th and 11th. (More details about the online gallery and the method for voting will be provided.)
Ten images (the top 10 vote getters) will be displayed at the first PCC meeting on September 12, for a general discussion. A prize will be awarded to the maker of the image with the most votes!
- See the map of Ft Williams Park for the location of the 4 areas.
- The Cliff Walk Loop
- Possible topics include the Portland Head Light, People From Away, Rocks and Water
- Fruit Orchard / Officers' Quarters Loop
- Possible subjects include the area commonly called "The Dog Park," the Playground and Officers Row
- Parade Ground / Pond Loop including the Children's Garden
- Possible topics include Flora and Fauna, Children, Landcape
- Goddard Mansion & Nut Grove/Battery Keyes Loop
- Possible topics include The Beach, Old Goddard Ruin, View From Battery Keyes, a perspective on an evolving park (the park juxtaposed with the old battery ruins)